Research & Development
Home Research & Development
Mission and Vision
- The mission of the R&D center is to serve society through research and innovation in the field of health care sciences.
- The vision of the R&D center is to develop new therapeutic agents through innovative techniques to reduce the cost and increase the affordability, quality of health care to the common man and make sankar Foundation Eye hospital a premier eye care center through strong research support.
- Provide evidence based guide lines for antioxidant supplements.
- Develop multi-target – directed hybrid molecules for ocular diseases.
- Investigation of the beneficial effect of probiotics.
- Synthesis, Isolation of new bioactive molecules.
- Develop new techniques.
- Develop strong medicinal chemistry wing.
- Published 32 research articles in peer-reviewed international journals. (list of research publications. Click Here )
- Recognized as a scientific and industrial research organization from 2012-2015 by DSIR, Govt. of India.
- Sankar Fundation has filed a patent for improving the therapeutic efficiency of Forskolin, an ophthalmic drug used for the management of glaucoma.
- A research project titled investigation of the antidiabetic effect of α-mangostin and its protective role in sexual dysfunction of streptozotocin induced diabetic male rats was successfully carried out in collaboration with A.U College of Pharmaceutical sciences, Andhra University (2012-2015).
Name of the Invention:
Application of synergitic co-crystals of Forskolin for anti-glaucoma
Patent Application No. z3969/CHE/2011 A
Patent publication date. 21/06/2013
Job oriented industrial training program
Analytical Services and
Scientific Manuscript Preparation, Formatting and Proof reading Service
|1||Dr. K. Anil Kumar||Chief Scientist, Nagarjuna Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited, Hyderabad,India|
|2||Dr. Akihiko Tsuge||Professor, Department of Material Science, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan|
|3||Dr. Tetsuji Moriguchi||Assistant Professor, Department of Material Science, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan|
|4||Dr. K. Ramakrishna||Professor, Department of Chemistry, GITAM University|
|5||Dr. M. Prabhakar||Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Nagaland University|
|6||Dr. J.V. Prasad||Senior Scientist, Sankar Foundation, R&D Center|
Dr.J.Venkata Prasad :
A Research Scientist with a vast expertise on design and synthesis of novel heterocyclic molecules like anticancer and antitubercular agents. A previous work experience from Dr.Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus and trained in the synthesis of medicinally important therapeutic agents and pursued his doctoral thesis in the field of multicomponent reactions under the guidance of Professor. Akihiko Tsuge, Department of Applied Chemistry, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan. His current areas of interests include developing multi targeted novel hybrid molecules for Cataract, Glaucoma, and AMD management. List of his achievements include 34 published research articles in various peer reviewed International Journals, and presented his research in a symposium conducted by the chemical society of Japan, Kyushu Branch.